- Crown Center. Kansas City's Crown Center is often called a city within a city. Three levels of shopping and dining complement two luxury hotels, exquisite office buildings, a residential community and several entertainment attractions. There's plenty to do at this entertaining area. Right now they have the 100-foot-tall Mayor's Christmas Tree, one of the nation's tallest, is the centerpiece for an illuminating holiday celebration.
- Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. This a a great place to see and feed an array of barnyard friends and other animals native to the area. The Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., April 1 to Oct. 31. (Free Mon.-Thu.; $2 on weekends)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City's Money Museum. Learn about the nation’s financial system through their interactive exhibits.
- First Fridays. This 40-gallery art crawl in the Crossroads Arts District has quickly become a local and regional favorite. It draws thousands the First Friday of every month.
- Hallmark Visitors Center. Take a behind-the-scenes peek at one of the world's largest greeting card companies.
- Harley-Davidson Vehicle and Powertrain Operations. Tour the facility to see how "hogs" are made.
- Kaleidoscope. This is brought to you by the minds behind Hallmark, a free creative workshop for kids aged 5 to 12.
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. This new $413 million architectural marvel offers free self-guided, hour-long tours several times each month. Sign up online.
- Kansas City Zoo. Free admission for KCMO residents in October and November with proof of residency.
- The Roasterie. Tour the Roasterie and find out about their cupping, roasting and blending processes that create the KC-based air-roasted coffee.
Top 10 FREE things to do in Kansas City this winter & in the spring.
We are here to help Kansas City save money.